Slogan: Today's Bug - Tomorrow's Feature!
Mailing List | Group Email | Blog
EDA Tools | ASIC Zone | EDA Zone | FPGA Zone | IC Industry
- Digital Logic design, Full-Custom/Semi-Custom design.
- Microprocessors, DSP, Telecom more.
- Technology: 32nm, 20nm, 14nm and beyond.
- Foundry: TSMC, GF, UMC, IBM, Tower
- Standard / IO Cell library preparation, Intellectual Property [Memories, SRAMs, DRAMs, PCI, USB, Audio/Video CODEC], VDSM/UDSM.
- Verilog, PLI, VHDL, EDIF, System Verilog, SystemC
- Design Entry, Simulation, Formal Verification, Synthesis.
- Floorplanning, HF Net Synthesis, Placement, Clock Tree Synthesis, Routing, Physical Verification, RC Extraction, DFM, OPC, Tape-Out.
- Shell, Perl, Tcl, Python, Tk/Tix, Scheme, C/C++, API, ...
- Analog design, SPICE, Simulation, RF, PLL, High Speed CMOS, MEMS, ...
- DFM (Design for Manufacturing)
- EDA: Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor, Magma, ATopTech, Oasys, Xilinx, Altera, Atmel, ...
- Open Source EDA tools, Open Source : ASIC design and technology.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Gary Smith EDA market statistics 2010: Summary
(July 22, 2010) -- These market statistics were compiled by Nancy Wu & Mary Olsson, part of the Gary Smith EDA team. The biggest change in 2009 was Mentor passing Cadence to become number two in product sales in EDA. This is an indication of the market shift caused by the move into the ESL Methodology. Synopsys remains a strong number one.
Mentor also grabbed #2 overall in IC design. With the acquisition of Valor, Mentor is also now 3× as large as its next competitor in PCB design.
We believe that the recent changes in Cadence has stopped their market share decline, similar to the changes made at Mentor, bringing in Walden Rhines, during the switch to the RTL design methodology.
Read more to know the statistics report - Click Here
Source: This article is from Solid State Technology